Now that the posts about the big birthday party are
finished, it’s time to do an update blog on how Jaxon is doing. He’s now 15
months old but I will start my update from 3 months ago.
Walking - So Jaxon was not
walking by the time he turned one. However,
he did take a few steps before turning one but then decided he wanted nothing
to do with it. His very first steps were on Feb 9th, 2012. We went
to pick him up from daycare and his daycare teacher said he took his first
steps that day! I’m pretty sad that I missed his very first steps but that
night when we got home Jaxon showed Paul and I his new skill. He probably
walked about 10 steps and we were sooo excited and soooo proud! After that he
decided that walking wasn’t all that exciting and didn’t take another step
until Feb 29th, 2012. Then there was no looking back! We had an official
walker!! Of course, now at 15 months he’s walking/running all over the place
and getting into everything!
Talking - As far as talking went, Jaxon wasn't doing a whole lot of that around 1. He said the normal things, Mama, Dada, Baba, No, etc. At 15 months he's now jabbering like crazy. Along with the words I've already mentioned he says, No No, Shoe/Shoes, All Done, Bye bye, Uh oh, Hi, Hello, I know, Ball, Night Night, and I'm pretty sure I've heard him try to say Cat and meow several times. I'm sure there are a few words that I am missing but the point is, this kid has learned a lot in the last 3 months!
Sign Language - Jaxon also knows how to say several things in sign language. He's known how to has More, and All done for quite a while but in the last several months he's learned how to say, Please, Sorry, Eat, Drink and we are working on Thank you. It amazes me how much he is able to learn and remember at such a young age. I'm excited to see what new signs we can teach him over the coming months.
Eating - Jaxon LOVES to eat! He's gotten pretty good as using a spoon or a fork but we still have a little work to do in that department. He's down to only one bottle a day and that's in the evenings before bed time. We are hoping to eliminate the bottle completely in the next month or so. There aren't many things that Jaxon dislikes, but a few things he isn't fond of are asparagus, eggs, and kiwi. He loves peanut butter, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, oatmeal, yogurt, broccoli, green beans, cheese, pasta, and his very favorite as of late is mandarins. It's a little bit harder to get him to eat certain meats but he's getting better with time. He's learned how to drink out of a straw which amazes me! We were at Costco several weeks ago and he wanted a drink of my water. I was for sure he wouldn't know how to use the straw but he put it in his mouth and sucked up the water! I was amazed!!! Like I said before, I can't believe the things this kid can learn how to do...especially things that he learns just from observing!
Sleeping - Jaxon is a great sleeper! In the evenings you can find him doing the following....watching a little tv with mom and dad while drinking is night time bottle. (Most nights we will sit at watch, Wheel of Fortune) After his bottle it's off to the bathroom to brush his teeth, then its time for pajamas, a special prayer, and then it's bed time. Bed time is around 7:45-8pm and he's so good at putting himself to sleep. All we have to do is lay him down in his crib and within 10 minutes he's asleep. Jaxon continues to sleep through the night, THANK YOU LORD! :) Every now and then he wakes up in the middle of the night from a bad dream but it doesn't take much to calm him down and get him back to sleep. Most nights he sleeps around 10 hours. Sometimes on the weekends he will sleep for 12 hours if we let him. He's down to one long nap a day. At daycare a long nap is around an hour in the afternoon. At home on the weekends nap time is usually starts around 11 and can go until 2 if he's really tired.
Swimming - Jaxon started taking swimming lessons shortly after his first birthday. Lessons were once a week on Mondays for 30 minutes at the Smith Gym pool on the WSU campus. He had 6 lessons and he LOVED IT! I think I have a water baby on my hands! Lessons really consisted of getting him to feel comfortable in the water with Paul and I. Paul participated in 4 lessons and I participated in 2. It was a lot of fun and I think well worth it. We sang lots of songs and did lots of splashing and kicking.
A couple random things -
Jaxon got his first black eye on May 8th. He was at daycare running across the room and banged his eye on the corner of a wood structure. My poor little man! From what his daycare teacher told me, he handled it pretty well and it didn't take long for it to heal.
May 5th - Jaxon's first Cinco De Mayo party! Ok, it was really a graduation party but it had a cinco de mayo theme. He even got to hit a pinata for the first time!!
I weighed him the other day and he is 25.6 lbs! What a big boy!
Well, I think that pretty much covers everything! Jaxon is doing fantastic and is learning new things each and every day! I can't wait to see what he learns over the next few months and years!!
This post also concludes my goal of blogging Jaxon's entire first year of life, plus a little more! I can't believe I did it! Starting from pregnancy to 15 months!!! I hope that someday when Jaxon is old enough he can read through this entire year and a half of blogging and feel my love for him as he reads my words. I will leave him with one thing...the lyrics of a song that makes me think of him each time I hear it. And it's only part of my wish for his entire life. I'd never be able to completely explain all the things I want for him in his life, but this song does a pretty good job of describing most of it for me. It's also a song that I sing to him frequently in the middle of the night to help calm him. I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ALL THE STARS IN THE SKY JAXON!!!!!!
"My Wish" by Rascal Flatts
I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,
But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.
But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you
May all your dreams stay big


No comments:
Post a Comment