Jaxon Mylon

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Paul, baby and I had a pretty awesome Christmas Eve/Christmas. Last night we continued the Magrath family tradition and went to the candle lite service at Cornwall. Then it was back home to make homemade Christmas sugar cookies. Eventhough we use the same exact cookie cutters and icky frosting recipe (sorry to my father-in-law) making and decorating cookies is always fun and memorable. I wish I would have taken pictures of the final product! Some were very cute looking....others not so much ;) We even managed to avoid burning any of the cookies! After cookie making we all got comfy in the living room and watched A Christmas Story and opened up our pajamas. It's funny that opening pajamas on Christmas Eve has been a Magrath and Smith family tradition! After the movie this momma was very tired so it was back to Donnie and Audrey's to turn in for the night. This morning we got up early and headed back to Paul's parents house to eat the traditional Monkey Bread and milk breakfast (yes our families have a lot of traditions). After breakfast we did presents. Let's say that all three of us were very spoiled! Baby got an amazing pack n' play and a few other small things. His grandma KK and Grandpa Matt love him so much already! (as do I) :)  So after all the spoiling at the Magrath's we headed over to my moms house for Christmas lunch! WOW, lets just say things kinda started off shaky and there was some drama but all turned out well in the end. 11-6 was spent at my moms hanging out, eating and opening gifts. My sisters and I got our hallmark ornamant from our dad which is a tradition he started with us girls all the way back in 1989!!  If all I got for Christmas was that yearly ornament from my dad I would be one satisfied girl. There's just something so sweet and special about the fact that my dad goes shopping by himself every year and picks out a special ornament for each one of his little girls. It's probably one of my favorite things about christmas and hopfully someday Paul will be able to start that same tradition. (If God blesses us with a baby girl) I sit here and write all about mine and Paul's family traditions and I wonder what our lil families traditions in the future will be? This time next year what special things will we do with our precious son? I hope that some of the traditions that are already in place will continue on but I just can't wait to start our own! One year from now I will have a 10 month old baby boy! I'm so excited I just cant stand it! I suppose I should wrap things up and get going. To whoever reads my silly blog I wish you nothing but Happiness, Love, and Peace today this Christmas Day and throughout the coming year. May God richly bless you and keep you in his loving arms. It's so easy to forget/get caught up in the gift portion of Christmas but may you take some time to really relfect and remember the true reason we celebrate this day.
Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment