Jaxon Mylon

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jaxon Mylon


 Jaxon Mylon - Born February 17th, 2011
6:45pm
8lbs 10.8oz 20.5 inches

My little man is finally here!! I can't believe he is already 12 days old!! Time is flying by so quickly! 
Jaxon's arrival for the most part went as planned.....I checked into the hospital on Wed at 5:15pm on Feb 16th to be induced. Check in went well and I was started on Cervidil to "soften" my cervix. The night went well....not much happened but sleep - Until the nurse came in to start my IV, that was a challenge! Several pokes later the IV was in and we were ready to start me on Pitocin. Pitocin was stated around 8am on the 17th. About every 15 mins the nurse came in to turn up the Pitocin. Eventually contractions started and I was uncomfortable enough to want my Epidural :) Those things are wonderful!! Turned out to be my best friend that day for more than one reason. Anyways, so we got up to 17ml of Pitocin an hour and the contractions were still happening but I wasn't dilating - so disappointing! Not only was I not dilating but Jaxon was not tolerating labor very well....his heart rate dropped so my Dr. decided to stop the pitocin all together and just wait to see how things would progress on its own. Well, things didn't progress at all.....so......It was back to the pitocin. Once the pitocin started and we got to only 4ml an hour Jaxon's heart rate plummeted and the nurse and Dr. came rushing, slapped oxygen on me and said that we needed to do a C-Section asap to get him out. So a million people started flying in and out of the room to prep me for surgery....Terrified is just a small word to describe what Paul and I both felt. He cried, I cried and within 20 mins from the moment a c-section was decided on we were in the OR. Thank goodness I had already had my epidural so that wasnt something that took up anytime when it came to getting Jaxon out! Once in the OR the nurse asked me if I wanted to listen to any music....because they had internet radio. Don't ask me why but the first thing that came to mind was Journey.....yep good ol classic rock! For those of you who don't know...I love classic rock and especially Journey's "Don't Stop Believing"  So music, mom, dad, and medical crew in place Jaxon was born at 6:45pm!! Hearing that first cry was incredible....filled with so many emotions! The entire experience was probably the scariest thing I've ever been through but I am sooooo thankful and glad that Jaxon is here safe and sound and the Dr's and hospital staff did and AMAZING job! Thank you Lord for my precious little boy!!



Jaxon Mylon Magrath 



     
                                                                                          







12 days old already.....WOW! Already 9lbs 2 oz and 21 inches long! He's growing sooo fast! Jaxon is all around a pretty easy baby - If I let him sleep all day I bet he would. He can already smile, make all sorts of silly faces, lift up his head, follow and object with his head and his eyes, and he is a big snuggler...which mommy just LOVES!!! Poor little guy had his little boy appointment yesterday though which was soooo tough for me. Even just the thought of my little baby being in pain brought and still brings tears to my eyes. And the fact that there was nothing I could do to ease his pain was even worse! I was just sooo glad that Daddy was able to go to the appointment with us and he was able to stay with Jaxon during the entire procedure. What did mommy do? I waited outside the office in the snow lol...I didnt even want to hear my lil man cry. Oh the things we do....but Jaxon seems to be doing just fine. Thank goodness! Well.....there ya have it...and update FINALLY on how things are going. Parenting for sure is the hardest and most challenging thing I've ever done but it's all totally worth it when Jaxon looks up at me and smiles that sweet innocent little smile. I can't wait to see how he develops as he grows and to be able to interact more with him!

2 comments:

  1. WOW glad to hear everything turned out well & he is such a cutie...makes me want Westyn here now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord that Jaxon is here and healthy! I teared up just reading about you two hearing his first cry. Never fails haha. One of the most beautiful and overwhelming moments of your life :)!

    ReplyDelete