Jaxon Mylon

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Photography...?

So Jaxon is just over 4 weeks old already....I seriously can't believe it. Time is slipping by sooooo quickly and it's somewhat bittersweet. Bittersweet because I so can't wait to see him change, grow and experience new things - the first time he laughs, first time he crawls, walks, eats solid food, his first birthday, our first trip to the park or the zoo...the list really goes on and on....but it makes me sad to think that I can't ever get the day we took him home from the hospital back, or the day he had his first bath, or the day he rolled over from his tummy to his back, the day that our kitty Jasmine licked his toes and loved on him, and even the days that he was cranky and cried a lot..... Every day that goes by is a day that we slip further and further away from him being a newborn and one day closer to him being a toddler. And I guess as I think about all these firsts that he has already had and the ones to come I just don't want to forget a single moment - Thats where the title of this post comes into play - Photography!!! If I can capture all of Jaxon's firsts or even the cute and silly faces he makes everyday and tell the story of his life through picture then I can ALWAYS look back on them and remember them and that makes me smile! :) For those of you who don't know, my sister Shara is an AMAZING photographer! She would never call herself a "professional" but I think she should and I REALLY think she needs to open her own studio. Anyways, I've always admired the amazing work that she does and shes now inspired me to try this whole photography thing on my own - even if I only has a tiny point and shoot camera. (for now anyways) So since Jaxon was a couple weeks old I've tried to capture a few pictures of him in his "newborn" stage - So far I think I've taken a few really cute pictures but goodness there are sooo many more that I want to take - especially since my sister surprised me with a book!! "Your Baby in Pictures" - the new parents guide to photographing your baby's first year - by Me Ra Koh  Ok such a good book. Great cause it's for beginners (like me) and it has some awesome pointers and pictures ideas. Check it out if you're interested or thinking about getting into photography. Well....I guess it's time I show you some of my "work"and alos Jaxon's birth announcement.








Next step? Continue to "play around", get a better camera, have my sister give me "lessons" :) and maybe see if WSU offers any photography classes! Thanks for inspiring me sister!!!!

'

2 comments:

  1. Can he get any cuter? Love the pics Tammy! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! And yes, it is definitely bittersweet :).

    ReplyDelete