Jaxon Mylon

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Update on Jaxon

So, I know I've been trying to catch up on blogging October and November, but I wanted to take a break from blogging the past and focus this post on the present. Jaxon is 10 1/2 months old already. I have no idea where the time has gone. Christmas had come and gone and now it's already 2012! Only a month and a half until my little boy turns 1! I just can't believe it. Jaxon is doing INCREDIBLE. He is crawling up a storm and constantly getting into something. I think the majority of my day is spent chasing him around and making sure he doesn't get into the things that could possibly hurt him - cords, cupboards, outlets etc. The cupboards and outlets have all been "baby proofed" but that doesn't mean he doesn't try to get into them from time to time. Jaxon LOVES to laugh. These days it seems like he laughs when he hears anyone laughs...he doesn't even have to think it's funny. I think he thinks it's what you are supposed to do lol. It's precious. He loves being tickled and will laugh to the point where he can hardly breath. (Don't worry, when it gets to that point we stop lol). Speaking of doing everything the grown ups do....this kid does not like it when he sees other people eating when he is not! If you have food in your hand or on your plate and he doesn't have food in front of him he wants what you have! Soooo...since he always wants what we are eating I'm hoping that will change my eating habits for the better. I've become very conscious about what I am putting into that little man's mouth. So bye bye to fast food and junk food! My little man can not eat you...therefore I can't. I gotta set a good example :) His favorites right now are (and we are talking actual food, not jarred baby food), Bananas, green Beans, pineapple, pears, peaches, cooked carrots, sweet potatoes, Cherrios, blueberry yogurt, Gerber Pasta pic-ups, Gerber apple cinnamon granola bars etc. Dislikes - Raspberries, Peas, and Grape skins. Lol, yep grape skins. He will suck out the soft part of the grape and spit out the skin. Silly kid! He does very well picking up food and feeding himself. Which also means he's good at making messes ;) We are trying to teach him how to use a sippy cup but it's not going so great at the moment. I think he likes his bottle way too much!  Speaking of bottles, we are down to two 8oz bottles a day. YAY! This helps with the cost of formula a ton!
Oh man lets see...Our little man talks all the time. Mama, Dada, Baba, Nana (his form of NO) are his favorite words. He can say the "C", "F" "S" "T" and when he wants to the "H" sounds.  Like I said before, he is crawling up a storm and also does very well at pulling himself up onto things and walking around/across furniture. He's to the point now where if he's holding onto something sturdy he will let go of one hand but he has yet to stand on his own or walk. He's also learned how to climb the stairs at my mom's house. Jaxon has learned how to clap, wave bye bye, and give high 5's and point using his index finger. He loves dancing to music and watching Veggie Tales. His favorite Veggie Tale song at the moment is "I don't got a belly button!" He has 8 teeth to date, 4 uppers and 4 lowers and that's enough for me right now! More teeth can wait! ;) I'm guessing he weighs around 22-23 lbs and is around 29 inches. His favorite toys are the new xylophone, John Deere sit n' scoot tractor, and his fisher price play table. All of which were Christmas presents. He likes to flirt with ladies whenever we go out to the store, church, dinner etc. When I say flirt I mean he looks at ladies and flashes his adorable toothy smile. And the ladies always always smile back.
I swear our little bundle of joy learns something new every day. He is the light of our lifes and Paul and I don't know what we would do without him! Jaxon is our biggest blessing in life. He has such a sweet and sometimes soft spirit but when he wants attention or gets frustrated he isn't afraid to raise his voice and let you know. He's still in the cuddling stage which I just adore, but most often he likes to have his space so he can explore the world around him. He truly is the perfect. baby.
We love you more that words can say Jaxon! You fill our hearts with warmth and love each and every second of everyday. God blessed us beyond measure the day you were born and he place you in our arms. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect little boy.We pray that you continue to be a happy and healthy boy.
Oh, I guess I should say HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for our family in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment