Jaxon Mylon

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Maui 2012

Back in June we went to Maui with Paul's entire family for his cousin, Alayna's, wedding. I was super excited, but also super nervous about the trip to Maui. This would be my first time flying with Jaxon so I had no idea what to expect. Just thinking about preparing for the trip wore me out but it came and went and we had a wonderful vacation. We left on June 17th out of Vancouver, Canada. So not only was this Jaxon's first flight, it was his first international flight. My dad brought us up to the airport and before I knew it we were taking off and headed towards paradise! Before I left, my mom had asked me if I had any extra clothes in my carry on bag....of course I didn't. Why would I need extra clothes? That just seemed silly. My mom cautioned me several times to pack extra clothes and i ended up throwing a t-shirt into my bag right before leaving just to please her. THANK GOODNESS FOR MOMS!!! About 3 minutes into take off Jaxon threw up ALL OVER ME! It was terrible. I had puke everywhere, all down the front of my shirt, some in my hair, and it was all over Jaxon too. Thankfully, I had listened to my very wise mother and had that extra shirt for myself and plenty of extra clothes for Jaxon. Besides Jaxon throwing up all over me the flight to Maui went really well. Jaxon fussed maybe just a little bit but for the majority of the flight we kept him entertained or he slept. Our first two days in Maui were pretty much wasted in my eyes but oh well. Jaxon ended up getting a fever so I stayed with him at the condo. After that, the trip was great! We did lots of fun stuff and enjoyed the sunshine. Rather than type about every little thing we did, I think that I will post pictures instead.
 So, just to give you an idea of our day to day life in Maui, this is what we dealt with everyday when it came to putting sunscreen on our child. He screamed and cried every single time but I'm happy to report that there were NO sunburns for our little man. SUCCESS! 

 Pool time! Jaxon loved, loved, loved the pool at the condo. He's our little fishy :)

 He also loved "jumping" off the edge of the pool into Daddy's arms.


Uh oh, here comes Auntie Tara!
 My boys enjoying a gorgeous view
 Jaxon's very first time at the beach - Kaanapali Beach - June 22nd
 Loving the water! Just look at that smile!
 Uh oh! Watch out for the waves!
 Still smiling even after a wave to the face
 My mom, aka Mimi, sent $10 with us for Jaxon to buy beach toys. Well, he loved the sand and his special beach toys from Mimi :)


 Ok, so these next three pictures are a little funny to look at now, but I didn't think it was so funny at the time. My poor baby was slammed by a wave...but he was ok. The first picture is like they are saying, "oh shoot, here comes a big wave!"
 AND SMACK! Slammed by the wave
 Oh, oh, wait, we've still got the baby and all is well! Crazy boys
 I love that Tara and Jaxon are being buried in the sand in this picture.
 "What are you doing to me dad?"

No comments:

Post a Comment