Jaxon Mylon

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 21, 2012

Update on Jaxon

Here we go, another update on Jaxon post. I don't ever want to forget the things that Jaxon is learning and doing at this age, or any age for that matter so I like to do these types of posts every few months so that I can read them later and remember. I try so hard to savor each moment with him but I know that remembering everything just isn't possible so that's where this blog sure comes in handy :)

Today is September 21st, 2012.
Jaxon is just over a year and a half old and is full of energy. He is my silly, energetic, full of spunk little man but he also has lovable, sweet and quiet side. He also has a little bit of a temper/frustrated side that comes out every now or then. Especially when he feels like we aren't understanding him, or when he is playing with a toy and he either can't figure out how to get it to work or do what he wants it to do. But like I said, he's also got that quiet, sweet side. If he finds a good book he can sit on the floor looking at it and turning the pages over and over again. Or sometimes he will sit in the middle of a big pile of mega blocks and build things and not make a single tiny peep. And when I go to pick him up at daycare and he sees me walk into the room he runs over to me with a huge smile on his face and gives me the most lovable hug. That's part of his lovable side....my favorite side. I love that he loves to give hugs and when he gets hurt, I'm the first person he comes running to. And sometimes when he's sleepy he climbs up into my arms and just wants to snuggle. It's these moments that make me feel like he is still holding onto the baby stage just a little bit. I feel like he really does still need his mommy. Silly to say that I know, of course he needs his mommy, he's only one and half but he's just growing up soooo fast and that's hard for me.
Anyway, back to Jaxon......

Stats at 18 month well baby Dr visit -
27 pounds 2 ounces - 75%
33.5 inches tall - 75%
20 1/4 inch head - over 100%
Doctor said he is doing GREAT!!!

Playing - By far I would say that right now Jaxon's favorite toy is his sit n scoot John Deere tractor. He pushes and rides that thing all over the house. He also loves to use my keys to "start up" his tractor by placing a key into one of the holes in the steering wheel. Second would be his Critter Clinic toy which is a vet clinic inspired toy. It has six doors/cages on the front of it for his little stuffed cat and dog, it came with a stethoscope, thermometer, syringe, a set of keys etc. The keys are used to un lock/lock the cages. The doors and the keys are all color coordinated and Jaxon already has that figured out! He is able to match the colored keys with the matching colored door. He is just soooo super smart it amazes me and makes me proud!  He really likes his Mega Blocks, books, and his Mickey Mouse and friends chair. He LOVES climbing up into his big boy chair.

Eating - Jaxon loves any and all fruit. His most recent favorites in the fruit category are watermelon and grapes. He also loves to eat Gerber Pasta Pick Ups, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, yogurt, cheese, and his all time favorite, Spaghetti! He's got lots of other food's he likes to which is nice. I'm so glad I don't have a super picky eater on my hands. He's not a super big veggie lover though, which I'm hoping to change. At 1 year and 4 months we took away the bottle completely. No more bottles for Jaxon and he doesn't seem to miss them either! YAY!

Talking - Jaxon is at the point where he is starting to talk much, much more. It seems like he learns several new things each week. He's also at the stage where he tries to repeat or mimic everything we say, which means we have to be very careful of what comes out of our mouths! ;) He has learned how to say, please, when asking for something. He's working on thank you. He loves to wave at buses and cars while saying bye bye. He's started to call our cat, Jasmine, "nice." Ha, I think it's because every time he goes to pet the cat I tell him to be nice to the kitty.

Learning - Jaxon is learning so much at daycare. They work on counting, colors, shapes, sensory play and much much more. They do lots of art work and go on lots of field trips. He's currently in the Toddler 2 classroom with Francis and Shawna who are amazing teachers and Jaxon just adores both of them. I love that they work on so many different things...even manners! Jaxon has learned how to wash and dry his own hands...and also that he needs to throw his paper towel away when he's done. They are working on helping Jaxon get better with using a spoon and fork when he eats. Another thing Jaxon loves is walking down the halls/outside to the playground with his classmates on this rope thing with big rings on it. Each child grabs ahold of a ring and they all walk together. A teacher in the front and a teacher in  he back of the line. Jaxon's favorite thing to do outside at daycare is to play in the sand box. It seems like every time I get him home he's covered in dirt and sand. ;) He's learned where and what his nose is. If I ask him where his nose is he will point to it. Same thing with his belly button. The funniest thing that he's learned is this......He at times, will grab at the crotch of his diaper, pull on it and say POOP! Ha, it's hilarious, but most of the time when he does this it's because he's gone poop! It's very helpful for him to tell me when he's gone poop and needs his diaper changed. I'm hoping that this is a good sign as far as the whole potty training thing goes. No we have not started that yet, but the fact that he understands that he's gone poop I think is a good sign.

Sleeping - Jaxon is a fantastic sleeper. His bedtime is 8:00pm and he usually wakes up around 6:45-7am. We put him to bed wide awake and he just goes to sleep! It's amazing and wonderful. Occasionally he will fuss a little bit or kick the wall but that doesn't happen too often. It's very rare for him to wake up in the middle of the night for any reason. This kid even slept through throwing up several weeks ago when he had the flu! I was shocked. You'd think that throwing up and sleeping in it would wake him up...nope!  Jaxon has two favorite stuffed animals and a favorite blanket that he has become very attached to. The first of the two stuffed animals I'd say is his all time favorite and that's his Butch T. Cougar. He will walk around the house carrying Butch by the tail and when he's sleepy or upset he takes the tail and tickles his hand or his face with it. Butch is a MUST for bedtime and nap time. Thing's don't go so well without him. The second stuffed animal is a Lion (made by Scentsy so it smells nice) that we named Leo. Jaxon's favorite blanket is a soft blue blanket with ducks on it. I don't remember who gave it to him, but I know it was a gift that we got as his baby shower.

A few random things......

Jaxon loves to help Paul and I bake. He loves pouring things into the bowl for us and also loves to help us stir.

Jaxon does really well walking up and down the stairs outside our building. (while holding our hand of course) He loves it so much that if we carry him down the stairs to the car he gets very upset.

He has 16 teeth and he no longer screams or cries when we brush his teeth.

Jaxon is so very smart! He understands everything we say and most of the time he does a great job listening to us if we ask him to do something....like throw something away or asking him to put his shoes away etc.

Jaxon said, "GO COUGS!" for the first time on August 30, 2012! The best part was that he said it in from of Grandpa Husky (my dad)

Jaxon loves to take any phone, real or play, and put it to his ear and say, "hello."

He loves to put money into his piggy bank. Doesn't matter if it's dollar bills or coins....he just loves it! And I love that he is saving money for college! ;) 


Well, I think that pretty much covers everything right now! My little boy is perfect in every way and I couldn't ask for anything more. I love you Jaxon! Can't wait to see what new things you learn over the next several months! 








No comments:

Post a Comment